With Focus mode, you will be notified whenever a student tries to open another tab or switch to another tab on their device while attempting a quiz in Test Mode. When you enable Test Mode, students are required to take the quiz in full screen. If students quit the full screen to switch to or open another tab, they are warned and are dissuading them from cheating. You will be notified if students continue to switch tabs while attempting the quiz.
Focus Mode is designed to prevent students from cheating by looking up answers from other tabs on their devices. Focus Mode also enables you to correctly evaluate your students' understanding, and all students have the same/no resources while being tested.
Focus Mode is available on the Quizizz School and District Plans.
You as a teacher are notified when students take these actions while attempting a quiz is conducted in Focus Mode as these are considered as suspicious activities:
|Student(s) left the quiz conducted in focus mode|
|Student(s) spent 2 minutes (120 seconds) outside the quiz conducted in focus mode|
|Student(s) joined the quiz 2 minutes (120 seconds) later|
|Student(s) exited before completing the quiz conducted in focus mode|
|Student(s) rejoined the quiz conducted in focus mode after 2 minutes (120 seconds)|
To enable Focus Mode for a quiz, follow these steps:
- Create a quiz that is ready to be played as a live student-paced (Classic) quiz. Note that you cannot assign a homework quiz in Focus Mode
- Click on Start a Live Quiz and select the Classic Mode
- Select the Test mode between Team, Classic and Test Modes. Note that you can enable the focus mode only on the Test mode, and not on the Team and Classic modes
- Once you enable the Test mode, you will not be able to set the participant attempt as students can attempt the quiz only once.
- Toggle with the Advanced Settings if required --
- Show Answers During Activity - OFF by default
- Show Answers After Activity - OFF by default
- Adaptive Question Banks - OFF by default
- Timer - Default Timer is chosen
- Shuffle Questions - ON by default
- Shuffle Answer Options - ON by default
- Once ready, click on the Start test in fullscreen mode option
- Copy and share the game code with your students using your preferred LMS. You can also share the game code using Twitter, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp or Remind
- Set the Test Timer if required. You can set for a quiz conducted in focus mode in between 0 minutes to 5 hours
- Once your students are ready, click on Start
- Your students will get a pop-up on their respective devices that the quiz they are attempting is conducted in Focus mode. They will be notified that they can attempt the quiz only once and that they cannot leave the Quizizz screen during the quiz. Ensure to re-iterate this to your students before starting the quiz.
- During the quiz, if your students switch tabs (or exit the full screen), you are notified on your device. You have the option to dismiss this notification or remove the student and prevent them from further attempting the quiz.
- You can either view results for this quiz, email results to parents, or download results for future reference. You can access the quiz results under the Reports tab.
- You can also play the same quiz again or assign the same quiz as homework. However, focus mode cannot be enabled on homework mode.
- Name factory is not enabled for quizzes conducted in Focus Mode.
- Replays cannot be enabled for quizzes conducted in focus mode.
- Students who have been removed by the teacher while attempting the quiz are graded 0 points by default. Students cannot re-enter the quiz if they are removed by the teacher.
- Students who switched tabs during Focus Mode will have the 'Off-task activity' tag under their name. However, this tag does not affect their scores.
Keyword: Focus mode, test mode, prevent cheating, anti-cheating, how to prevent browsing on other tabs, can students stop cheating on Quizizz, how to remove cheating students on a quiz, I want to know if students are cheating on my quiz, browsing prevention
Article is closed for comments.