This article enlists the steps to be followed by teachers after they have been rostered by the IT Administrator of their district. To learn more about how IT Administrators can bulk roster teachers, click here.
The Quizizz X Canvas integration is available on the Quizizz School and District Plans. The integration makes it easy for you to share Quizizz activities on Canvas, allows students to find and access those activities, and automatically updates the relevant scores in the LMS.
To initiate the integration, you need to be added to a roster by the IT Administrator for your district. Once this is done, you will receive an email notifying you about the same. Ensure to contact your organization’s IT Administrator in case you have not received the notification email.
If your IT Administrator has added you to a roster but you haven't yet received an email, try logging out of your Quizizz account and logging back in after a few minutes.
Once you have been onboarded, follow these steps:
- Click on 'Classes' on the left navigation pane
- Click on the Canvas button
- Log into Canvas with the same email account that you use on Quizizz
- Click on 'Authorize' to allow Quizizz to sync with Canvas. This is a one-time requirement
- Click on the Canvas button, select the classes you would like to import and click on 'Next'
Assign quizzes and sync grades:
Once your classes have been imported, you can assign quizzes to them by following these steps:
- Select a quiz you would like to assign. You can create a new quiz, select one of your existing quizzes from 'My Library', or import multiple quizzes from the Quizizz library
- Click on 'Assign homework'
- In the game settings menu, click on 'Select' under the 'Assign to a class' section
- Select the classes to which you would like to assign the quiz. You can also select specific students within the class
- You can choose to give your assignment a title and a description
- Pick a start time for your game, set the maximum score, and click on 'Save'
- Review the remaining game settings and click on 'Assign'
The quiz has now been assigned to your selected Canvas classes. Your students will receive a notification on their Canvas and Quizizz accounts and can join the game through the links provided there.
Once your students attempt the assigned quiz, their grades will be automatically updated on your Canvas account under ‘Grades’. Share the quiz reports with parents/guardians via Quizizz using the ‘Share’ option.
- Your LMS is updated when new classes are added. You can access them via Quizizz classes. Click on 'Refresh Roster' to import a new class
- You will need to archive old/inactive classes on Quizizz
- Once deleted, synced Canvas classes on Quizizz cannot be recovered. However, they will be saved on Canvas
Keyword: Canvas and Quizizz, how to set up Canvas integration with Quizizz as a teacher, how to use Canvas LMS with Quizizz, are my assignments automatically marked on Canvas if my students use Quizizz for formative assessments