Our mission to motivate every student cannot be achieved without ongoing efforts to make the platform as accessible to as many students and educators as possible. These efforts are not complete but ongoing and are guided by standards such as the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level A + AA success and conformance criteria and suggestions from users.
We particularly value community feedback which has led to the development of features like our built-in read-aloud setting now used by millions of students. Examples of our efforts to date are included below.
We're also proud to share that we work with Essential Accessibility, a leader in the accessibility space, as we continue these efforts. You can read more about this partnership and download their accessibility tools here.
Examples of how we support our community
Our design process includes requirements that we build accessibility considerations into our product from the outset. Accessibility is a core part of meeting our mission. Here are some of the ways we've built Quizizz in order to support as many students as possible:
- Read-aloud: Our built-in read-aloud setting allows students to have questions and options read aloud to them and supports multiple languages.
- Questions on learner devices: Content such as quiz questions is shown on learner devices, making it easier for many students to access by reducing the need to see across a room (as is the case with content projected on a whiteboard), or switch between browser tabs or windows.
- Broad device support: We support a broad spectrum of internet-enabled devices and browsers in order to make the service as accessible to as many people as possible.
- Language Support: We've provided user-interface translation and read-aloud support in several of our most commonly used languages.
- Readability: Our design process includes readability considerations such as text size, color, and contrast.
- Printing: Quizzes, reports, and other content can be printed as needed.
- Video, audio, and captioning: Quizizz supports the use of embedded video and audio from Youtube which provides captioning and other accessibility features. Additionally, instructors may pair media with text in quiz questions to provide additional context (this option also works with read-aloud).
If you have questions or suggestions that would improve accessibility and usability for you or your students, please reach out to us at email@example.com.