Engaging every student starts with trust. We use technical, operational, and logical security measures to keep student data safe. Here are a few examples:
- Privacy-centered design means that students can use Quizizz without creating accounts or sharing PII unless required to use a specific feature such as saving progress to a profile. Student accounts and all relevant personal data may also be deleted at any time.
- To keep your personal data secure, all data is encrypted in transit, and we maintain up-to-date certificates with a verified third-party provider—DigiCert.
- All passwords are protected using the password-hashing function bcrypt.
- Data is stored in access-controlled data centers with 24/7 monitoring by AWS, an industry-leading provider.
- Data is stored redundantly and is geographically distributed in order to maximize uptime and allow our team to restore access to your data in the event of an incident.
- Employee access to personally identifiable information is provided on an as-needed basis, to provide customer support for example.
- Employees with access to personal data are required to undergo background checks, sign a nondisclosure agreement, and are prohibited from saving personal data locally on their devices.
- Routine monitoring and alerts are used to detect and respond to potential security breaches.
- Quizizz complies with, and helps LEAs meet their obligations under, FERPA, COPPA, the EU - U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, and regional privacy agreements.
Article is closed for comments.