Game modes are designed to encourage healthy competition between students. You can choose the mode of ‘gaming’ per quiz when you start a live quiz.
To enable the different game modes, follow these steps:
Prerequisite: You could access the publicly available quizzes from the Search dialog box to host them live OR You could create a quiz OR You could combine your set of questions with the publicly available questions from other quizzes
- There are two ways to host a live quiz on Quizizz:
- Classic: Students progress at their own pace and you see a leaderboard with live results
- Instructor-paced: You control the pace so that everyone advances from one question to the next
- There are three modes within the Classic mode:
- Team: Individual students answer at their own pace but scores are grouped by the collective team
- Students answer at their own pace and compete individually against each other
- Test: Designed for taking formal assessments. Requires students to login
- Once you select a mode within Classic or Instructor-paced, share it with your students
Keyword: Types of games, what are game modes, classic mode, instructor paced mode, formal assessment mode
Article is closed for comments.