Note: This feature is part of an early-access Beta program. If you would like to access it, please fill out this form.
As a District Administrator, you can roster teachers, staff, and students from your school district into your Quizizz Plan via Clever. This enables Quizizz to automatically and regularly sync these rosters, which saves time, reduces errors, and enhances security. For a quick overview of rostering via Clever and all its benefits, click here.
In this article, we will list the steps you can take to integrate with the Quizizz Rostering App on your Clever Portal. We will then discuss how you can initiate Clever rostering on Quizizz to complete the process.
Step 1: Integrate with the Quizizz Rostering App on Clever
Note: Your School District needs to have both integrations -- the District SSO and the Secure Sync Rostering app -- on Clever. Please follow the steps below for both.
- Contact your Quizizz Customer Success Manager and request integration with the Quizizz Rostering App for your District on Clever
- Once you receive an invite, it will appear on your Clever Portal. Click on 'Preview invitation' and then click on 'Accept' to approve the integration
- Review the information in the 'Guided Sharing' pop-up window and click on 'Get Started'
The next step is to configure sharing permissions in order to determine what data should be shared with the app and which district users should be able to access Quizizz from their individual Clever Portals. We recommend the default option of 'Share all records in my district'.
Next, it's time to review data errors. Quizizz requires all Clever users to have an email address. If there are any records with missing email addresses, they will be highlighted as Data Errors on your Clever Portal and will indicate that data needs to be further optimized for Quizizz.
Once these steps are complete, data syncing will begin to take place asynchronously. You can then proceed to initiate rostering on Quizizz.
Step 2: Initiate Clever rostering on Quizizz
- Log into your Quizizz account and click on 'Manage Members' on the left navigation pane
- Click on 'Bulk Import' on the top-right corner of your screen
- Click to connect with Clever
- Authenticate with your Clever District Administrator credentials
- Click on 'Sync rosters'
Rostering on Quizizz is now initiated and might take up to a couple of hours to complete, depending on the size of your school district. You will be notified by email once rostering is complete, following which you will be able to view your rostered teachers and staff on the Manage Members page on Quizizz.
Your rostered teachers will also be able to import their Clever classes into Quizizz. To learn more about this, refer to our article on Importing Classes From Clever Into Quizizz as a Teacher.
- Rostering via Clever is part of an early-access Beta program
- If you have any questions about rostering and importing classes, please refer to our FAQs