Quizizz offers Single Sign-On (SSO) authentication via Clever, which enables students and teachers to access Quizizz using their Clever login credentials. It offers a secure way to log into Quizizz without remembering multiple IDs and passwords.
If you are a district administrator, you can integrate Clever SSO for all the Quizizz users in your district in one go. To do this, you must first add the Quizizz SSO application from your Clever account. This will send a request to Quizizz, which will then be approved.
Note: If you are a teacher whose school is not associated with a particular district on Quizizz, you can integrate Clever SSO for yourself and your students without the help of a district administrator. To learn how to do this, refer to our article on Integrating Clever SSO as a Teacher via the Clever Library.
Adding the Quizizz SSO Application
- Visit www.clever.com and select ‘District admin’ from the log-in drop-down menu
- Enter the username and password associated with your Clever district admin account and click on ‘Log in’
- Click on ‘Add Applications’ on your dashboard
- Search for ‘Quizizz’ in the search bar
- Navigate to the ‘Quizizz SSO’ option and click on ‘Add’
- Click on ‘Save and continue’
- Set the launch date, i.e., the date from which you want Quizizz to appear on your teachers’ and students’ portals
- Set your access permissions as required and click on ‘Save and continue’
Completing these steps will send a request to Quizizz. You will be notified via email/ on your dashboard once the request has been approved. You can then manage user access to Quizizz by following these steps:
- Click on ‘Applications’ from the left navigation on your Clever Portal
- Select ‘My applications’ and click on Quizizz
- Choose your preferred data-sharing method and click on ‘Next’. We recommend using Quizizz’ customized data-sharing template for your district
- Choose who needs access to Quizizz and click on ‘Next’
- Preview your data-sharing settings and click on ‘Share with application’
Teachers and students in your district will now be able to access Quizizz via their Clever portals starting from the launch date you set. Click on ‘Finish’ to complete the process.
Once the Quizizz app is available on Clever portals, there is one final step to be completed by the teachers and students in your district before they can start logging in with Clever SSO.
Completing the integration: action to be taken by teachers
- Visit www.clever.com and select ‘Teacher or staff’ from the log-in drop-down menu
- Enter the username and password associated with the Clever teacher account and click on ‘Log in’
- Ensure that ‘Enhanced Portal’ has been enabled
- Click on ‘Quizizz’ under ‘District Resources’
- Select the teacher’s organization from the list displayed
- Confirm the teacher’s role by checking the box next to it and click on ‘Start using Quizizz’
The teacher will now be automatically redirected and logged in to their Quizizz teacher account. This is a one-time process, and moving forward, the teacher can quickly log into Quizizz with Clever SSO.
Completing the integration: action to be taken by students
- Visit www.clever.com and click on ‘Log in as a student’
- Enter the username and password associated with the Clever student account and click on ‘Log in’
- Navigate to the Quizizz icon and click on it
- Select the age of the student from the drop-down menu and click on ‘Update’
The student will now be automatically redirected and logged in to their Quizizz student account. This is a one-time process, and moving forward, the student can quickly log into Quizizz with Clever SSO.