Internet Bandwidth specifications
Bandwidth depends on the number of students accessing the quizzes through a network. These numbers vary as per the strength of bandwidth capacity
> 15 Mbps
> 90 Mbps
> 100 Mbps
We also recommend speeds equivalent to a 3G connection (> 5 Mbps) for those who use separate connections (other than WiFi).
- Device compatibility:
Quizizz runs on any device with a browser window. PCs, laptops, tablets, mobile phones and all other devices that run on Android, iOS/Mac, Windows and Linux. Modern browsers like Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer 11+ are also compatible with Quizizz.
The Quizizz Student App is also available for free download on the App Store and Play Store.
The Quizizz Teacher App can also be freely downloaded from the App Store and Play Store.
However, creating and editing quizzes are supported on the desktop/PC.
As a teacher, create and assign quizzes by using desktops and laptops. Other devices are not supported.
- Installation on devices
For Android users (Students):
- Open Google PlayStore and search for ‘Quizizz’. Click the ‘Quizizz: Play to Learn’ and click on the Install button. Alternatively, click here to get the App.
- Once the installation is complete, you will see it in the list of installed apps, on your device.
In case you are unable to access the app via the PlayStore, go to https://quizizz.com/check and check for firewall issues. Contact your local IT Administrator to unblock the Quizizz site. (This usually occurs when schools have firewalls installed for security reasons)
For iOS/Mac users (Students)
- If your iOS device is running on an iOS version of 8 or below, you must first download iTunes onto your device
- Select the Quizizz app from iTunes. Click the ‘View in iTunes’ button (in blue)
- Click Get
- Provide your Apple ID and password credentials to approve this installation. Quizizz is a free App, you do NOT need to buy it
- Download the app on your device
- Go to the AppStore. Click on the Updates icon (bottom bar) and then the Purchased button on the top right
- Scroll until you see the Quizizz App, click the Download icon. Once it is downloaded, you can launch the app on your device; you can use the code shared with you to join a game.
In case you are unable to access the app via the AppStore, go to https://quizizz.com/check and check for firewall issues. Contact your local IT Administrator to unblock the Quizizz site. This usually occurs when schools have firewalls installed for security reasons.
The Quizizz App is also available for bulk installation. Note that this is available only for students with iOS devices. Follow these steps to bulk install the Quizizz App for iOS users:
Prerequisite: You must be an Admin and you should have permission to purchase items at volume for your organization.
- Go to https://volume.itunes.apple.com/store
- Search for the Quizizz App
- Enter the number of downloads you want to purchase at volume (make sure to enter a whole number. Decimals are not supported)
- Click on Place Order
You have now downloaded and installed the Quizizz App in bulk for all the students who have iOS devices. In case you are facing any issues, please contact us.
Keyword:Troubleshoot, bandwidth, network