You can now allow students to skip questions and return to them at the end of the quiz. Skip Questions enables students to attempt quizzes strategically, reducing test-taking anxiety. Students can answer the questions they feel confident about first, and then tackle the ones they find challenging.
If a student has begun answering a question before choosing to skip it, their progress will be saved when they return to it, at the end of the quiz. Skip Questions is supported on all question types. Note that it is available only for Quizzes, and not for Lessons.
To enable Skip Questions, follow these steps:
- Click on 'Create' on the left navigation pane and select the 'Quiz' option.
- Add questions manually or teleport questions from the Quizizz library, and click on 'Save'.
For more information on creating quizzes, refer to the Create a Quiz article.
- Name your quiz, select the appropriate subject, grade, and language, and set the visibility status of your choice. Click on 'Continue'.
- Select the 'Assign Homework' option.
Note: You cannot enable Skip Questions on live quizzes or instructor-led sessions.
- Next, scroll down to the 'Skip Questions & Attempt Later' setting under 'Activity Settings' and enable it.
Keyword: I want my students to skip questions, can my students attempt hard questions later, can my students save questions for later, how do I enable skip questions, how can my students skip questions, can my students answer questions later